In this special 40th episode of Career Relaunch, I’ll be drifting from our regular guest interview format to instead share some news about the show including a few exciting milestones we’ve crossed, three of my main takeaways from doing all these interviews with career changers, and some highlights from past episodes. You can also help me pick the guest who returns for episode 50.
Key Career Insights
- Making your desired career change may involve “an imperfect start.” Sometimes, the process of getting where you want to go is a little bit clunkier than that.
- Your ability to achieve your career pivot is going to directly relate to your ability to deal with and quickly bounce back from rejection. Rejection is not a sign you’re on the wrong path, but instead is just part of the process.
- To move beyond the career you’ve had, you have to adopt a mind-set that says, “My past isn’t going to dictate my future.” Where you truly believe that you actually CAN take your career in a different direction. Because, before you can work on convincing others of your new path, you have to first convince yourself.
Tweetables to Share
In this special episode, I referred to the following former episodes, which I’d encourage you to go back and check out:
- Pursuing Work You Enjoy with Kelly Cara
- Being Open to Opportunities with Polly Aspinall
- Embracing Uncertainty with Stephen Satterfield
- Being Your Own #1 Fan with Sandeep Johal
Pick the Guest Who Returns for Episode 50
I’d like to invite you to help pick the guest I feature on the 50th episode of Career Relaunch to air at the end of 2018. I plan to check in with one of our guests from an earlier episode to find out how they’ve been doing on their career journey since their big pivot. I’d love to have your help in shaping this special 50th episode by voting for the person you would most like to hear from again.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!