Welcome to the debut episode of Career Relaunch!
What does it take to leave a comfortable, stable job behind to pursue your lifelong dream? In this very first episode of Career Relaunch, Kelly Cara, a former Educational Researcher turned Health-Supportive Chef & Lifestyle Wellness Educator shares her perspectives on giving yourself permission to do work you enjoy, taking the brave steps to start that journey, and understanding the tradeoffs involved when you leave stability behind. I also share highlights from my own career reinvention story then share thoughts on how you can start reinventing yourself.
- Acknowledging you’re not satisfied with your day-job is the first step toward moving onto something more fulfilling and meaningful.
- Career change doesn’t happen overnight. It happens by taking small, manageable steps toward the life you want, then being brave enough to leave the status quo behind and take the plunge to make it happen.
- Initiating a change is the hardest part of change, but sometimes, you just have to force yourself to start somewhere.
Tweetables to Share
Free Tool: Define Your Starting Point
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I talked about how starting somewhere, even if imperfect, is important to creating the career change you desire. To help you begin, you can download my “Defining Your Starting Point” Worksheet
About Kelly Cara, Health-Supportive Chef & Lifestyle Wellness Educator
Kelly Cara is a certified health-supportive chef and Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) facilitator. After completing a master’s degree in experimental psychology, Kelly worked for several years in a behavioral health facility and then for a higher education institution as a researcher. Through those career experiences, Kelly discovered a passion for educating others about health, wellness, and how to live one’s most vibrant life through research-supported nutritional and lifestyle modifications. She and her husband recently started their own business, V-Life, to turn that passion into a viable career. Learn more about her culinary adventures at Natural Epicurean.
If you’ve been pondering a culinary career yourself, check out Natural Epicurean’s Plant-Based Culinary School. They also offer a Career Changers and Entrepreneurs Scholarship, which you can learn more about here.
Finally, if you want to learn more about food virtually, Natural Epicurean has recently launched an exciting new online learning platform. So be sure to check that out too.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Kelly know.
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!