What does it take to leave your international corporate job behind to return to school and pursue your true passions? In this episode of Career Relaunch, Audrey Lemargue, a former Cosmetics Export Manager turned Naturopath shares her thoughts on the importance of career exploration, respecting your emotions, and trusting your career instincts. During the Mental Fuel segment, I share thoughts on the upside of “career dabbling.”
- Give yourself the time and room to explore. With patience, the answers will come to you, and you may just stumble upon something perfect.
- Never neglect anyone you meet. You never know what you can learn from people you cross paths with.
- Discovering your true passions is like falling in love. It feels fresh and exciting, but also very familiar.
Tweetables to Share
- Visit Iswari to learn more about the superfood products Audrey manages. She mentioned Buddha’s Awakening, which is the product Joseph sampled and now adds to his breakfast every day! You can also find Iswari on Facebook.
- Watch Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address.
- Watch the video of Dr Irène Grosjean that convinced Audrey she should pursue a a career in naturopathic medicine.
Free Tool: Define Your Commitments
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I talked about the upside of “career dabbling” and taking the initiative to explore your interests outside your day job. To help brainstorm ways to do this, download my “Test the Waters” Worksheet.
About Audrey Lemargue, Naturopath in Training, Iswari Superfoods Marketer
After working in the Perfume and Cosmetics industry traveling the world for nearly 15 years, Audrey Lemargue decided to take a break to find her true calling. After several months of reflection time where she tried to get in touch with her creative side, she had an epiphany one day after watching an interview of this amazing 86 year old French Naturopath. The inspiration was so deep that she started researching courses to become a Naturopath herself.
Now, Audrey’s a student at the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London, set to finish her program Dec 2017. She also works in Sales and Marketing position for Iwari, a superfood company that recently expanded to the UK. She was recently featured in the Sept 2016 edition of Healthy Living Magazine.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Audrey know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!