What does it feel like to do what you love on stage in front of a ton of people? In this episode of Career Relaunch, Lani Love will explain how she relaunched her career from working at an advertising agency to becoming a professional deejay. Lani shares her thoughts on how to evaluate which opportunities to pursue and how to balance your career and family interests. During the Mental Fuel segment, I’ll discuss the importance of giving yourself some credit, especially when you feel like you’re constantly falling short.
Key Career Insights
- At some point, you have to learn to trust yourself and give yourself credit for all your accomplishments rather than being so hard on yourself.
- There may be times in your career when you have to take a step back in order to focus on more important things in your life like family or health. That’s okay.
- Some opportunities that seem really perfect for you may simply not end up working out, but you have to trust that another opportunity can and will come up if you’re patient and persistent enough.
Tweetables to Share
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I challenged you to think back to one year ago today, then think about all the progress you’ve made over the past 12 months with the things that matter to you. What’s one area of your life or career where you want to give yourself a little more credit?
About DJ Lani Love
Lani Love started her post-college career working in advertising in New York City. On the side, she started deejaying as a hobby, interning with DJ Morsy. When she moved to Chicago, deejaying really picked up for her, and she decided to leave her full-time job to pursue music instead. She loves deejaying for brands and businesses at intimate press events, in-store trunk shows, and large scale outdoor activations.
- Check out Lani’s interview featured in Rent the Runway
- Follow Lani on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
Listen to DJ Lani Love’s full tracks featured in this episode of Career Relaunch:
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Lani know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on Apple Podcasts, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!
Thanks to Audible for Supporting Career Relaunch
Thanks to Audible for supporting this episode of Career Relaunch. Audible is the premier provider of digital audiobooks, offering over 180,000 audiobook titles for listening anytime and anywhere on your favorite device. Career Relaunch listeners can download a free audiobook download and get 30-day trial at audibletrial.com/careerrelaunch.