What’s it like to be homeless during your career transition? Helen Wix, a former secretary turned Reiki Master, healer, and coach describes her experience being evicted from her home and spending 3 years being homeless in Washington, DC. She shares her thoughts on paying attention to signs that point you in a different direction, declaring what you want for your career, and clearing out your own emotional baggage before you can truly move on. I also share some thoughts on the importance of defining the standards you want for your career and life.
Key Career Insights
- You have to surround yourself with likeminded individuals to help you get out of your ruts
- You have to WANT to get yourself out of your circumstances and BELIEVE there’s another way your career can be in order for you to improve your conditions.
- We have a lot of emotional clutter you have to clear out before you can make room for other, more authentic, positive things in your life.
Tweetables to Share
- Helen mentioned her special report on “How to Make Your Soul Sing” to help you do more of the work you love and live the life of your dreams.
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I talked about the importance of defining the standards you want met in your career. What are the expectations you have from yourself and from your work. Define those standards. Declare those standards. Then, ask yourself what change you need to make in order to actually live by those standards.
About Helen Wix, Healer & Coach
Dr. Helen D. Wix is a certified life and spiritual coach, psychic, Reiki Master Practitioner, author, spiritual teacher, minister, and an energy therapist. She is the Founder of the MLM Mastery Academy and describes herself as a modern-day Harriet Tubman because she leads people to freedom from jobs they hate and empowers them to find work that makes their souls sing. For 25 years she worked in corporate America as a secretary for different industries such as financial planning, hospitality, engineering, entertainment, and property management. She served as a legal secretary the last eight years that she worked which she didn’t like very much because as long as she can remember she wanted to be a fiction writer. Follower Helen on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Helen know! Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!
Thanks to A2 Hosting for Supporting Career Relaunch
A2 Hosting is the web host provider I use and trust for my own websites, and they even offer 100% carbon neutral green hosting. For an easy, fast, and affordable way to get your personal website online today, visit careerrelaunch.net/a2 to get 50% off your web hosting plan.