Since the summer of 2015, I’ve been working toward launching my very first podcast called Career Relaunch, featuring inspiring stories of career change. I know how confusing & lonely it can be to step off the beaten path after going through three major career changes myself. I’ve also worked with hundreds of career changers over the years, and one thing I’ve heard consistently from my clients is that they wished they could hear more examples of people who have successfully relaunched their careers to serve as a concrete point of reference.
Watch the Podcast Trailer
Fuel for your own career change
I decided to create this podcast to tackle some of the common questions I hear from clients about what it takes to leave your job behind to pursue more meaningful work, including:
- How to tell when it’s time to make a change
- How to decide when to make your move
- How to tackle the hardest challenges along the way
- What it takes to make a successful transition
Each of the guests on Career Relaunch have a unique story to share. Here’s a sampling of the people you’ll hear from:
- An Educational Researcher who left the comforts of her office job & home town behind to attend culinary school
- A Tech Marketer who moved on from the fast-paced world of Silicon Valley to start her own interior design business
- A IT Consultant who attended law school while holding down a full time job to become an Intellectual Property Attorney
- A Security Analyst who let go of his 6-figure salary to start his own digital agency
Hear more about Career Relaunch
There’s absolutely no way I could’ve done this without all the people who have helped me along the way, the people behind the scenes of Career Relaunch.
One thing I’ve learned over the past year is that tackling any major pursuit is nearly impossible to do alone.
I wanted to take this moment to acknowledge all the talented individuals who have made their own unique contribution to this podcast. And a huge thank you to each and every one of them. I couldn’t have done this without you. Thank you.
Other artists, creatives, and experts who chose to not be pictured here have also been involved along the way. I also wanted to thank my friends Aaron, Khem, and Hitesh for giving me some candid feedback on the draft episodes. And of course, I have to thank my wife Pelin for all her input, support, and encouragement along the way.
Building this podcast and getting it ready for launch Sept 15 has been seriously all-consuming–an absolute roller coaster filled with a lot of hard work, inevitable setbacks, an unintentionally large amount of scope creep, and a crazy amount of learning. Honestly, I’ve never worked so hard on any individual project in my entire career. I’ve loved capturing these stories, which have made me reflect on my own career, and I hope you’ll find them useful to your own career evolution.